Brandy's Book Nook: Review Shadow Saga 1: Shadow's son

Shadow Saga 1: Shadow's Son

by

Jon Sprunk

✩✩✩✩✩


My friends not only do I bring you a new audio book this week, but I bring you a new audio book website. A co-worker recommended this to me, so I thought why not? I am so glad I did. This book has it all. Intense action, sound affects, danger, conspiracies, secrets on top of secrets, magic, and each character has a different actor.

The story is about Caim, an assassin whose parents were killed when he was young. Fans of Assassin's Creed are going to enjoy this one. He gets sent on a job that proves to be a set up, and he escapes with Josephine, the daughter of his target. Now he's on the run trying to figure out why he was set up and by who. Josephine's father had a lot of secrets, and she has to unravel them before she's killed for something she doesn't know. 

This one is rated mature for the violence. There is a lot of fighting, and death. He is an assassin by trade and good at his job. He has a few secrets of his own, including his ghost/spirit friend Kit that no one else can see or hear. The action had me on the edge of my seat at moments holding my breath with the sound of knifes and swords ringing in my ears. They did a good job making the sounds heighten the story without making them overpowering and dominating instead of the words. 

You can find this book not at audible, I checked, but at Graphic Audio for $13.99. You can also earn points for purchases and reviews. You can find all three audio books at the following link:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of Arrogance A Paladin’s Journey Book One by Bryan Cole - Fantasy - Paladins are nothing but trouble

An Interview with the Author of Noble Magic: Joni Parker

Just a Fika: Coffee, Connection, and a Matchmaking Ghost Grandmother by Beck Erixson - Speculative Contemporary Romance/Women’s Fiction with Romance - Family. They’re always meddling in your love life… Even after they’re dead. ***Guest Post***