Meet new Authors. Read interviews. Spotlights and Guest Posts. See covers before the release date, or just bounce around and enjoy the site.
purchase links are affiliate links that will take you to Amazon. We will receive a small percentage if you make a purchase, but it has no affect on you or the Authors.
The Haunting on Palm Court Isle of Palms Suspense Book One Stephanie Edwards - Romantic Suspense, Paranormal - He refused to leave her alone, even after his death
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The Haunting on Palm Court
Isle of Palms Suspense
Book One
Stephanie Edwards
Genre: Romantic Suspense, Paranormal
Date of Publication: Sept. 1, 2020
ISBN: 9781735169101
ASIN: B089QXJHPV
Number of pages: 252
Word Count: 69,786
Cover Artist: Stephanie Edwards
He refused to leave her alone, even after his death
After Blake Nelson catches her abusive fiancé, Parker, with another woman, she seeks serenity at her late grandmother’s beach cottage. He follows Blake to the island and attempts to kill her, but instead, he dies in an accident while fleeing the police.
His malevolent spirit returns to the cottage to finish what he started. The haunting intensifies when Blake reconnects with her first love, Clint. Will Blake discover how to banish Parker before it’s too late?
The Haunting on Palm Court: An Isle of Palms Suspense
follows the story of Blake Nelson, a young woman who is fleeing her abusive
fiancé. He follows her to her grandmother’s beach cottage. In a twist of
events, he dies and comes back to haunt her.
This romantic suspense unfolds in the South Carolina
Lowcountry, complete with all of the ghosts, sweet tea and Spanish moss you’d
expect.
Writing isn’t easy. What was the most difficult thing you
dealt with when writing your newest book?
This is my first novel, so it was
tough learning the ropes at first. I wrote the first draft in five months, but
I spent almost a year refining and editing. I was fortunate enough to work with
some great beta readers and editors who were willing to give lots of helpful
feedback.
Tell us a little bit about your writing career.
I remember writing poetry when I was seven years old. When I
was 13, I served as the school correspondent for my hometown newspaper. I
continued working in journalism throughout high school, college and for the
first eight years of my career. I switched over to working in communications,
but I still write for my full-time career. I starting writing my first book two
years ago. It will be published on Sept. 1, and I’m working on the sequel, in
hopes of publishing it in 2021.
They say Hind-sight is 20/20. If you could give advice to
the writer you were the first time you sat down to write, what would it be?
Do some research about how to write a novel before you start
writing. The craft is completely different from journalistic writing.
What was your most difficult scene to write?
It hurt me to write the death scene of a specific character.
I don’t want to spoil anything by describing the scene too much.
Are themes a big part of your stories, or not so much?
Yes. I like showing strong women persevering, despite the
odds.
What are you working on now?
I’m working on the sequel, The Return to Palm Court: An Isle
of Palms Suspense, which is from the POV of Brittany, sister of the protagonist
in the first novel.
Is there a release date planned?
I’m aiming for Spring 2021
Who is your favorite character from your own stories, and
why?
Nancy, the feisty grandmotherly woman who helps Blake navigate
the paranormal happenings. She reminds me of all of the great Southern women
I’ve known throughout my life.
Most writers were readers as children. What was your
favorite book in grade school?
I loved all of R.L. Stine’s books, classics and The Babysitters’
Club series.
What are your plans for future projects?
I plan to write at least three books in the Isle of Palms
Suspense series. Also, I’ve started a collection of short stories about life in
Appalachia and a romantic comedy. I’ll continue to look for inspiration
wherever I can find it. Ghosts may or may not end up in these books. 😉
Is there anything you would like to add before we finish?
Thanks so much to you and your readers for allowing me to
share my story.
Good luck with your newest release, and thank you for
being with us today.
Excerpt:
The last bit of
winter wind pierced her flesh as she put on the cardigan. She sat down on the
worn decking boards on the widow’s walk. Pulling the sweater down over her
knees, she allowed the waves to impart their healing magic, calming her as much
as possible.
Once she had
experienced all the bitter wind she could handle, Blake went back downstairs.
She caught her reflection in the foyer mirror. Her eyes swollen and red, and
her skin chapped from the wind. Nancy reached out to comfort Blake.
“I’m staying
with you tonight. You shouldn’t be alone. By the way, Clint is sleeping in his
patrol car in the driveway.”
“Please tell him
to go home,” Blake said.
Nancy walked
outside for a moment. When she returned, she put her hands on her hips. “He
refuses to leave you.” She gave Blake a meaningful wink, but Blake was in no
place to pick up on hints, regardless of their level of subtlety.
“Goodnight,
Nancy. Thanks for staying with me.” Blake walked upstairs to her room.
She squirmed in
bed for hours. Parker had hurt her; still, his death saddened her.
After falling
into a fitful sleep, her unrest turned into a series of disturbing dreams and
frightening images. In a state between nightmare and wakefulness, she woke in a
cold sweat, with a pounding headache. A prickly sensation tingled across her
body. She turned. Parker lay behind her, smirking. Paralyzed with fear, Blake
sat frozen in her bed, staring at him. His wasn’t the first spirit she’d seen,
not by a longshot. But seeing him, her heartrate sped up, and her breathing
turned shallow.
His face
illuminated by the light of the full moon, Parker smiled and traced the outline
of her face with his index finger. He leaned in to kiss her, but she jumped out
of bed. He began inching toward her, but Blake flipped the mattress onto the
floor.
Blake turned on
the lamp on her bedside table. When her eyes adjusted, Parker had disappeared.
She bent over to check under her bed, jumping when she accidentally stepped on
one of Willow’s squeaky toys. She breathed a sigh of relief when she kicked
aside the plush stuffed animal.
Someone knocked
on her bedroom door. She called out, “Yes?”
“What’s the
matter?” Nancy asked.
Blake opened the
door. Nancy rubbed her eyes. “I had a nightmare that Parker was in bed with
me,” Blake said. “When I woke up, he was there. It’s the creepiest feeling I’ve
ever experienced.” She shivered.
Nancy gasped and
placed her hands on her cheeks. “Oh, my word! Are you all right?”
“I’m frightened,
but I’m okay.”
Blake’s chest
caved inward. Over the past year, she had faced some traumatic, life-altering
events. As an empath, Blake was no stranger to interacting with spirits, but
Parker’s was the first who had frightened her.
“Will he come
back? If he does, how will we get rid of him?”
Nancy hugged her
but didn’t say a word, unusual for her. She had to be hiding something.
“What aren’t you
telling me?” Blake demanded.
Nancy put her
finger to her lips. “It’s a long story for another day, but you’re not alone in
seeing spirits. It’s part of your family’s past, and mine for that matter. Just
trust me, it’ll be okay.”
Blake threw her
hands into the air. “But…”
Nancy shook her
head. “Shh, honey. Not right now. Please calm down. It’s late. Get some rest.
We’ll take care of Parker all in good time.”
Emotional and
physical exhaustion had taken its toll on Blake. She returned to her bed but
did not sleep for the rest of the night. Every time she drifted off, Parker’s
dead eyes stared at her, boring a hole into her soul.
About the Author:
Stephanie Edwards has been writing professionally since she landed her first newspaper column at the age of 13. Her love for the Lowcountry, the Atlantic Ocean and a good ghost story inspired her to write her first book. She lives in Tennessee with her husband, Ron, and their adorable dog, Shadow.
Capital Thirst by R.W. Buxton Paranormal Romance DC bustles, the light from the city fills the night. But in the dark alleys and backstreets, only slivers of light from a full moon dance. In such an alley, a shadowy figure is hunched over a body. She lifts her head to reveal soulless eyes and fangs dripping with blood as she licks her lips with exultation. Standing up, she wipes her chin, and tosses her long black hair, then saunters away. At FBI headquarters, Gerry examines the case files of 18 wealthy men, dead, with few clues, no DNA, and no leads... When predator and prey become one, no one is safe. Amazon Barnes & Noble Guest Post Where Do Your Ideas Come From? by R.W. Buxton The easy part of the question is the ideas for the books come from my characters. Once I have an idea for a character, I think about what he or she is like and then think about what they would do in different situations. I try them in a ...
Join us for this tour from Sep 26 to Oct 21 , 2022 ! Book Series Details: Book Series : The Henrietta and Inspector Howard Novels by Michelle Cox Category : Adult fiction (18+), 200-400 pages each Genre : Historical Fiction, Historical Mysteries Publisher : She Writes Press Release date : April 2016; April 2017; April 2018; April 2019; April 2020, Oct 2022 Tour dates : Sep 26 to Oct 21, 2022 Content Rating : This book series is rated R. Books 1 - 2 do not have sex scenes, but they are implied and the content is mature (prostitution, gambling, alcohol, murder, serial killer). Book 3 introduces tasteful sex scenes between a married couple and there is one rape (not graphic at all). Books 4 - 6 usually have 2 tasteful sex scenes in each Swearing is present in all 6 books, but is minimal. “Downton Abbey meets Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries!” “Henrietta and Clive are a sexy, endearing, and downright fun pa...
About the Book Title: Noble Magic: The Chronicles of Eledon Book Four Author: Joni Parker Genre: Fantasy Lady Alexin (Alex) battles a band of mortal wizards known as the Octagon, discovers the mysteries of the five legendary diamond eggs, and finally comes into her true powers gifted to her by her conquests and the gifts of her Titan ancestors. Tasked with the seemingly impossible, Alex must find a way to restore the entry points to Seaward Isle or see its inhabitants face certain destruction as the grid holding Eledon together threatens to fall apart. Add to Goodreads An Interview with Joni Parker Author of The Chronicles of Eledon About Joni Parker I was born in Chicago, but graduated from high school in Phoenix, Arizona. I have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, an MBA, and a Master of Military Arts and Sciences Degree from the U.S. Army. I retired from the U.S. Navy with 22 years of military service and after my husband passed away, I worked another ...
Comments
Post a Comment