Hidden Lake: The Prophecy by Denise Howard - Paranormal Romance - What can go wrong in the hands of a newly founded teenage witch? - Interview


Hidden Lake: The Prophecy
by Denise Howard

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Northern Amour Writing
Date of Publication: 18 March 2022
ASIN: B09CRN5YYC
Number of pages: 195
Word Count: 50,383

Cover Artist: Northern Amour Writing

What can go wrong in the hands of a newly founded teenage witch?

Enter a world as new to you as it is to teenager Gracie Willton. On her 17th Birthday she learns about a secret her mother has been keeping from her. Gracie comes from a long blood line of powerful witches. Not only is Gracie a witch she is also considered the prophecy. 

Join Gracie on her journey as she learns the depths of her powers and how to control them. See how the prophecy unfolds and the bounds of the supernatural world are affected. 

However, as a 17 year old girl you still need to be concerned about high school grades and cute boys right?


Interview with Denise Howard

Welcome to JB’s Bookworms with Brandy Mulder.
Please tell us about your newest book.

Hidden Lake: The Prophecy follows the story of a teenager named Gracie. It follows her journey of learning how to be a witch, fight evil and still manage boys and high school.

Writing isn’t easy. What was the most difficult thing you dealt with when writing Hidden Lake: The Prophecy?

The biggest thing I dealt with while reading my book was the writer’s block I would occasionally have. It was brutal after a good part I would have a lull for a bit were I lost my direction.

Tell us a little bit about your writing career.

I have always been into creative writing. I started at a young age writing short stories and poetry and eventually I told myself I wanted to write a full novel and I did.

They say Hind-sight is 20/20. If you could give advice to the writer you were the first time you sat down to write, what would it be?

Do not give up, I know it can get hard and sometimes ideas can come by the dozen but can also become a drought. Just don’t stop believing in yourself.

What was your most difficult scene to write?

Ohhh, this is a good one. I think the most difficult or should I say the most awkward scene was the intimate scenes.

Are themes a big part of your stories, or not so much?

Themes are undecided. I honestly don’t have a clear answer- ask me again after a few more books LOL.

What are you working on now?

I am working on the next novel of the Hidden Lake series.

Is there a release date planned?

Stay tuned I am aiming for 2 years

Who is your favorite character from your own stories, and why?

My favourite character is probably Marco, who doesn’t like a bad guy?

Most writers were readers as children. What was your favorite book in grade school?

My favourite books as a child were the Magic Treehouse series. I loved them and they actually got me into reading.

What are your plans for future projects?

Keep working on my second novel and hopefully start a third book of the series!

Is there anything you would like to add before we finish?

Thank you so much!

You're welcome. Good luck with Hidden Lake: The Prophecy, and thank you for being with us today.

Trailer



About the Author: 

Denise lives with her partner and their four legged fur babies.  She loves small town living and visiting the big city lights. When she isn’t writing or indulging in reading the next book on her endless bucket list, she enjoys nature and binge watching TV shows. 

Denise has a college diploma in Intra-Oral Dental Assisting and in Business. She is currently enrolled in Laurentian University working on her undergraduate.  On top of that she works full time within the Government sector. She is an advocate for equality and hopes one day to become a bestselling author.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capital Thirst by R.W. Buxton - When predator and prey become one, no one is safe.

An Interview with the Author of Noble Magic: Joni Parker

The Henrietta and Inspector Howard Novels by Michelle Cox - Adult fiction (18+) Historical Fiction, Historical Mysteries