Interview with Enchantress Author: Kristy Centeno


Fate brought them together. Will evil break them apart?

Leah Parker’s visit to her hometown is supposed to bring her closer to the truth behind her identity. What she doesn’t anticipate is the handsome stranger with almond eyes claiming to be her Pair.
Her world once again upturned with the arrival of the man chosen to be her life partner, Leah is pulled between the feelings she’s always had for the friend she left behind, and those for the compelling stranger determined to save her from certain death—at whatever the cost.
With an ancient evil out to finish what it started twenty-one years before, will Leah find peace within her troubled mind and heart to fight back and win? Or will her disconnection with her newfound powers hinder her only chance at survival?

His sacrifice…is her salvation.




An Interview with Kristy Centeno


Welcome to JB’s Bookworms with Brandy Mulder 

Tell us about your newest book. 
Enchantress is the continuation of Leah Parker’s journey into the world of magic. The week of her twenty-first birthday she’s slowly awakened to a world that was hidden to her due to a binding spell. Once the spell begins to chip away, the world she was blind to is suddenly very clear for her to see. In her quest for answers, she travels to her childhood town to confront her mother. But she finds a little more than she bargains for when she unwillingly crosses paths with Jay Hwang. What was supposed to be a journey meant to reveal the truth behind her past, turns into so much more when she’s forced to try her best to hang on to her heart and not lose it to the newcomer. There’s something very powerful at work between these two. But not everything is what it seems. 


Writing isn’t easy. What was the most difficult thing you dealt with when writing your newest book? One of the most difficult parts of my journey has been getting published. I can’t even put a number to how many times I was rejected over the course of about a year. It happened so often that I honestly came really close to giving up because it was too frustrating for me. I doubted myself. Doubted my work. It wasn’t fun. Nor was it pleasant. 


Tell us a little bit about your writing career. 
Like I mentioned above, it took a year or more for me to get noticed. I was rejected quite a lot and came really close to giving up and moving. But then came that one publisher that liked my work and decided to give me a chance, provided I work with them on marketing and continued to improve my writing. My first draft was far from perfect and I still cringe a little when I read it. But they saw potential in me and gave me a chance. Five years later, I have 11 books published with them and another due for a January release. The editors are fantastic, great to work with, and amazing at keeping me on track. I still have much to improve, but I continue to work on my craft. I’m not aiming for perfection. Though it would be nice, but I rather want to focus on delivering stories that touch the reader’s hearts and stay with them long after they’ve finished the book. 


They say Hind-sight is 20/20. If you could give advice to the writer you were the first time you sat down to write, what would it be? 
Find your voice. Write the type of books that make you happy. Don’t give up. Push yourself harder. And read a heck of a lot more than you write. Stay focused. Don’t let self-doubt ruin writing for you. What was your most difficult scene to write? I finished book 3 of the Giver of Life trilogy in early March, and the most difficult scene to write thus far, was when Leah was bidding her final farewell to Jay. It was heartbreaking and very emotional for me. 


Are themes a big part of your stories, or not so much? 
Not really. I don’t follow a theme. 


What are you working on now? 
Defiance is the third book in the Deliverance saga. It follows Kristina as she is abducted and imprisoned by the infamous Radcliff Institute and is forced to undergo a series of experiments. You can find out more about the first two books at https://booksbycenteno.com/deliverance/ 


Is there a release date planned? 
No. Not yet. 


Who is your favorite character from your own stories, and why? 
This is a hard question. I don’t know if I can pick just one. I have a soft spot in my heart for Kyran from Secrets of the Moon, Hayden from Deliverance, and Leah, Jay, and Brandon from the Giver of Life trilogy


Most writers were readers as children. What was your favorite book in grade school? 
I was a total bookworm. Still am, actually. One of my favorite books back then was Black Beauty and White Fang


What are your plans for future projects? 
I have several books in my agenda. My next goal is to submit to an agent, but that won’t be anytime soon. I’d need to find more time to write. For right now, I’m going to focus on finishing books I have started and set aside for one reason or another. 


Is there anything you would like to add before we finish? 
Thank so much for the opportunity to be a guest on your blog today. 


You're welcome. Good luck with your newest release, and thank you for being with us today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of Arrogance A Paladin’s Journey Book One by Bryan Cole - Fantasy - Paladins are nothing but trouble

Just a Fika: Coffee, Connection, and a Matchmaking Ghost Grandmother by Beck Erixson - Speculative Contemporary Romance/Women’s Fiction with Romance - Family. They’re always meddling in your love life… Even after they’re dead. ***Guest Post***

An Interview with the Author of Noble Magic: Joni Parker